Monday, November 8, 2010

"Zombie Cyndi"

This piece was inspired by a conversation I had with Cynthia about a very strange scary movie we saw a few years ago so, since it was Halloween, it seemed appropriate.
Done on black paper, i sketched the figure using a white charcoal pencil. I used soft chalk pastels for the color- black and white charcoal for the values. I blended the chalk mostly using a rubber eraser- the jacket was blended with my finger, though. For the areas that I used charcoal, I used a blending stump.
Originally this piece was much better, but the matte fixative reacted in such a way that caused me to have to go over the majority of the piece again, taking away some of it's awesomeness. The hand on the left side of the portrait remains to be the best part of it, though. :D

5 comments:

  1. Creepy Erin lol Very Creepy. But I like it a lot and awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looove this!!! Definitley appropriate for the season :) My favorite part: the hoodie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is sop good girl! It has emotion and great texture! i love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's pretty funny and ironic how the subject is supposed to be a zombie, yet it looks playful and like it's meant to be funny. Good job on the shading, especially on the red jacket, but I think the hair could have been done better if you had possibly gone back and increased the contrast of it a bit. And purple anywhere in art is always a plus. :)

    ReplyDelete